Thursday, October 27, 2011

IM PLAYING EVE IN THE YOUNG WOMENS NIGHT: WOMEN OF VIRTUE


yup. *IM* EVE!
last sunday a sister (female congegational member) came in and announced that young womens was putting on a presentation for the young women with...

WOMEN OF VIRTUE.

and they needed ladies to sign up for roles.

so, cause i love to act and express,  i was the 1st to sign up.

have been waiting for my role to be announced to me...and it came earlier this week,

Ladies,

Thank you so much for volunteering! I feel you have a really great opportunity to touch the lives of our Young Women. You're willingness to help make this activity a success is so very appreciated!

At this point I am just going to tell you your assignments so you can know kind of what to expect. I encourage you to read about the woman of virtue you are to portray in the scriptures as well as start thinking about how you can put together a costume of sorts. Sometime in the next few days I will email you a copy of the script you will be reading that night along with a few more detailed instructions about how I would like the night to go and a picture of the woman you have been assigned as a reference point for your dress. I will have additional hard copies of scripts available that night. For now, here are the assignments I have made:

Stripling Warrior Mother - Julie Sutton
Queen Esther - Carol Stoddard
Virgin Mary - (to be announced)
Emma Smith - Catherine Wagner
Eve - Michelle Williamson
Hannah - Jamie Looney

If at any point you find that you cannot make it for that evening, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can find a replacement and fill them in. You can email me at this email address, or call me at (405)***-****. Once again, thank you all so much!

~Allison Oliver~

so, naturally i had to ask if eve was naked or she had already been cast out of the garden for my costume, of which i already had ideas for both, and NO it wasnt  parading around in the nude.
i had thought maybe if i was Eve pre-casting out of the Garden, id try to find some pink sweats and strategically place some garland over me in certain areas to "cover" myself.
or id create some kind of LEAF top/ skirt to wear over it...

my reply came back:
The picture I have of Eve is afterwards :) So more of the animal skin type stuff.

~Allison~

THAT brought a HUUUUUUGE sense of relief...lol

well, today i got the script for this role. quite involved. allot of message within it. but one main one i chimed in on and LOVED!

 Michelle,


The following is your script for the Women of Virtue activity November 2nd. I have also attached a picture of Eve for you to reference. Thanks again for your participation, and let me know if you have any further questions!

Eve
I am Eve, and I am a woman of virtue because of my sacrifice.
Adam, my husband, and I were the first people to live on the Earth. Heavenly Father blessed us and commanded us to have children. He placed us in a beautiful place called the Garden of Eden, where we were able to talk with and see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
We were given dominion over the garden and all of the beasts within it. Adam called me “Eve” because I was to be the mother of all living. There were beautiful trees and plants in the Garden of Eden. God told us that we could eat fruit from all the trees except one: the tree of knowledge of good and evil. “Nevertheless,” the Lord said, “thou mayest choose for thyself…; but remember that I forbid it, for in the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
Satan came to the garden and tempted me to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I was shocked that he would propose such a thing! I told Satan that the Lord had commanded us not to eat it or we would be cast out of the garden to die.
Satan lied, telling me, “Ye shall not surely die.” He also said the fruit would make me wise so I would know good and evil. I realized that for Adam and I to have a family, we would have to leave that beautiful place. I chose to eat the fruit, knowing that we would be cast out of the Garden of Eden, then I gave some of the fruit to Adam, and he also ate. Later, Adam and I heard the voice of the Lord. We hid because we were ashamed that we had disobeyed our Heavenly Father.
When God asked us if we had eaten the forbidden fruit, we confessed that we had, and God cast us out of the Garden of Eden. We felt so much sorrow leaving that beautiful place, and even more sorrow that we had been cut off from the presence of our Heavenly Father. But we took comfort in the fact that we could now follow the Lord’s commandment to multiply and replenish the Earth, and that we could fulfill our earthly role as parents. Even though we had to leave the beautiful garden, we knew that God loved us, and we had faith that He would send Jesus Christ to be our Savior.
My sisters, to become a woman of virtue, you will need to make sacrifices. You may sacrifice friendships to ensure you are in a position to make good choices. You may sacrifice opportunities in order to keep your standards. You may sacrifice much time and effort giving service and spreading the gospel. And like me, you may make sacrifices to become a mother. The world you live in makes it seem that fulfilling the role that God gave you, the sacred role of mother, is less valuable than other choices you can make. Those with that attitude are sadly mistaken, for although there are many sacrifices that you must make to fulfill your divine calling, being a righteous mother is the most important work on Earth that a virtuous woman can fulfill. And I assure you that the sacrifices you will make as a mother are nothing compared to the rewards of motherhood. Heavenly Father knows all of your sacrifices and will bless you fully for them in the life to come.
so, i have to come up with an outfit now for this...

im kinda excited! i have always wanted to share with the young women, as i feel a large part of my own spiritual growth happend when i was in that age group. i have never been called to any position within Young Womens, tho. kinda sad about that. not sure why. i have as much to contribute as anyone does.

and its such a stage in life of vaulerablitlity. and uncertainty. and determination to be independant, and unique.
had i not had the leaders in Young Womens i had, id not be here now. i had some pretty awesome women who were my leaders.

to them i am eternally thankful.

i hope i can share just a shred of what i was given by them to these young women.

MICHELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment