Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HUMILITY -A MountainWings Original

Humility
=========
If I have any special gifts or talents,
it is because God gave them to me.

If I worked hard to develop any skills or strengths,
it is through the circumstances that God afforded me

What right then do I have to consider myself any better
than my neighbor?

What do I own that is truly mine?
What do I own that is not from God?

Humility is a very Christian ideal.

We hear a lot about love and respect and pride and equality,
which are good things, but humility is not praised nearly
enough.

Maybe because it's boring,
maybe because it doesn't lend itself to attention.

But remember that it is humility that allows us to admit we are
sinners and that we need Jesus Christ.

The Beauty of Humility

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death
even death on a cross!
Philippians 2:5-8 (NIV)

~A MountainWings Original by Dan Gong, Chicago, IL~

No comments:

Post a Comment